Labels

writing (4) Theater (3) health (3) Armistead Maupin (2) Friends (2) Hot Men (2) Job (2) Photos of Me (2) money (2) photography (2) tragedy (2) work (2) 15 (1) Barbra (1) Blog (1) Daddies (1) Desire (1) Dogs (1) Genius (1) Hands (1) Homophobia (1) Lazy (1) Love (1) Miles (1) Moving (1) Naps (1) Oregon Bears (1) Single Life (1) Story ideas (1) Tales of the City (1) True Blood (1) auditions (1) bloggers (1) books (1) death (1) fabulousness (1)

Monday, September 13, 2010

Reunion

This weekend was nice.  Two friends of mine who I haven't seen since the very early 90's both popped up at the same time here in Portland, so we ran around yesterday all day and all night.  Shopping, eating, gabbing, taking pictures, drinking, ogling the strippers at Silverado and singing karaoke.  It was really fun and I definitely needed a good time.

I picked up Jesse's ashes on Friday.  He came back to me in a very nice, sturdy wooden box, with his name on it.  It made me cry some, but, when I think about the whole thing, Jesse had a very good death.  It was not unexpected, it was peaceful, I got to spend plenty of time with him in the week beforehand.  So, I am at peace with the whole thing, and ready to move on.  It was oddly comforting to bring him back home, even though it was just his ashes.  Still miss the little guy greatly, guess I always will.

So now I will begin looking for a new apartment, my current place was really for Jesse, I don't need to live there anymore.  I'm going to look for a more urban place, maybe downtown Portland or very close in to work and theaters and such. I'm really looking forward to a change.

Next month I am taking a little vacation to Las Vegas, a place I have never been to before.  Looking forward to that.  We are gearing up for our production of Pagliacci/ Carmina Burana here at the opera.  Should be an amazing production. 

Other than all of that, life just goes on!  Hope you are well.

4 comments:

  1. Paagliacci is a nasty fun opera; I love it.
    Good luck in Lost Vegas - It is quite a spectacle jolly good fun for people watching! where will you be staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to read that you're managing to move on after the recent event. If you'll allow me to say it, it's been quite an effort myself not to dwell on what happened to you, so it must have been so MANY times harder for you yourself. Real best wishes for your plans on moving to another place.
    Wish I knew 'Pag.' better (apart from that prologue) - but Spo must be right in what he says. (When isn't he?) Have a happy time both with that and in Vegas, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little wooden boxes bring back wonderful memories, although they can sadden me for a moment, the love I feel always ends with smile and comfort. I know you have been thinking of moving on and off for a long time so this is a good time for it, all the best. Have fun in Vegas. It is a different place and has to be taken with a good sense of humor but well worth the trip....and a trip it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're doing well and had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete