Labels

writing (4) Theater (3) health (3) Armistead Maupin (2) Friends (2) Hot Men (2) Job (2) Photos of Me (2) money (2) photography (2) tragedy (2) work (2) 15 (1) Barbra (1) Blog (1) Daddies (1) Desire (1) Dogs (1) Genius (1) Hands (1) Homophobia (1) Lazy (1) Love (1) Miles (1) Moving (1) Naps (1) Oregon Bears (1) Single Life (1) Story ideas (1) Tales of the City (1) True Blood (1) auditions (1) bloggers (1) books (1) death (1) fabulousness (1)

Friday, September 17, 2010

The End of RUSH = The End of an Era.


PWD, which produces and distributes RUSH poppers...has gone out of business.    Apparently, Joe Miller, who ran the company, committed suicide.  RUSH has been around since the early '70's, and I have been a fan for many (probably around 30) years.  I don't even want to think about how many bottles I have gone through.  If I had all those empty bottles still, they would probably fill up my entire apartment...or more.  Yet I still have a brain cell, or two, left.

A hit of RUSH simply puts my brain into "the sexy place".  I guess I'll have to figure out how to get to that "sexy place" - the place that gets me off - without RUSH from now on!  I don't much care for other brands of poppers.

It's not only RUSH that was produced and distributed by PWD...it's also LOCKER ROOM (very famous name in poppers), QUICKSILVER, HARDWARE and others.  They are all pretty much the same, and they are far superior to any other brand.  The late Mr. Miller considered himself - as do I - a connoisseur of poppers, and always made sure his products were top-notch.  There are LOTS of knock-off bottles of RUSH out there; and in fact, here in Portland only ONE place sells genuine RUSH.  Every other place in town sells fake RUSH.

Oy, the changes I am going through these days!  No more sexy time with my little brown bottles of RUSH? 

I need to look at my astrological chart. 

But change can be very good, too, and I am just trying to remember to go with the flow....paddle in hand, to steer things in the direction that I want to go.

This weekend I will finally vacuum up the remainder of Jesse's fur that is on the carpet.  I have been resisting that chore.  I did go around on my hands on knees and pick up/save a bunch of it.  It still smells like him.  I have it in a plastic blag.

I know...these blog posts need to get more positive.  I'll lose all my many (4) readers!  I do appreciate you guys, and thanks for your comments.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh well it will be better for the brain cells. All of those names took me right back to the dancefloor and bedroom of 1984. Wow. Just think of it this way, the sexy place is always there just don't "Rush" but take your time getting there and enjoy!
    Ok sorry could not resist....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the same page about this one! No more Rush? And you told me how to find out the fakes. What do you recommend as a sub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I was vanilla, but I guess maybe I'm ultra-vanilla. I've never done poppers, RUSH or otherwise. I've always been very curious what they do. You hinted a little at the effect, but I still don't know. Everyone's always told me they give them a splitting headache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right, Shawn. It's been awhile, but I'm sure I can get there without poppers...but they sure do make the journey more fun, seems like.

    Urspo, I recommend "Jungle Juice" or "Pig Sweat". Nothing is quite as good as RUSH, but those are two good brands you'll like. There is fake Pig Sweat out there, but I don't yet know how to tell the difference.

    Cubby, there's nothing wrong with vanilla, as I'm sure you know. Poppers can make your journey to orgasm more intense and exciting, it dilates your veins and arteries so blood flows faster...that's why some people get headaches. I haven't had headaches from poppers, and you don't need much more than a quick "hit" to get the effect. Old-Skool gays like me who started doing poppers in the 7o's and 80's probably just continue out of habit.

    ReplyDelete