Labels

writing (4) Theater (3) health (3) Armistead Maupin (2) Friends (2) Hot Men (2) Job (2) Photos of Me (2) money (2) photography (2) tragedy (2) work (2) 15 (1) Barbra (1) Blog (1) Daddies (1) Desire (1) Dogs (1) Genius (1) Hands (1) Homophobia (1) Lazy (1) Love (1) Miles (1) Moving (1) Naps (1) Oregon Bears (1) Single Life (1) Story ideas (1) Tales of the City (1) True Blood (1) auditions (1) bloggers (1) books (1) death (1) fabulousness (1)

Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome!

All right, time to get this blog going, yo.  Past time, really!

I had another blog, and it went through some unfortunate changes...all my fault, I kind of ruined it.  I won't be doing that this time...I've learned to be much more circumspect with what information goes on the blog!

Why is this blog called "This Little Record"?  Well, I work for a subscriber-based arts organization here in Portland, and when we send out the season renewal information to our subscribers for the new season, there is a CD included, with samples of music, and general information about the upcoming productions.  One little lady called me up after receiving her renewal packet and she was frantic:

"I'm calling because you sent me my seasonal renewal, but I don't know what to do about this little record inside!", she cried, referring to the informational CD.  "I don't have a record player this small to play this little record on!"

"It's a compact disc, Ma'am, do you have a compact disc player?", I asked.

"NO, nothing that would play a little small record like this!  Should I send it back to you, or bring it back down to the office?"

I assured the dear creature that it was okay to toss it away, or give it to someone else who might be interested in the information on the CD, but she was sure that she didn't know anyone who would have a little tiny record player to play the "little record".  

The phone call made me smile, and also made me realize that simple little things in life can be made so complicated and that I probably do this myself.  Also, the blog is a "little record" of my thoughts, days, evenings...afternoons.

So, thanks for reading the first post here...I plan it to be interesting, informative.  That's my hope.

Cheers, and happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I stop by daily to see when you would start - I go away for a few days, and here you are !
    I hope you will regularly post, as I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do plan to regularly post, and THANK YOU for continuing to check :) You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Ok, I checked and checked and then put it on back burner, I apologize.
    Now 'This Little Record' is back on the front burner (or on the turntable for little records!)
    Welcome back, you were greatly missed!
    Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark. I stumbled onto your blog via Spo's blog. I've enjoyed reading your comments on Joe My God over the last year and am happy you started a blog. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete