Labels

writing (4) Theater (3) health (3) Armistead Maupin (2) Friends (2) Hot Men (2) Job (2) Photos of Me (2) money (2) photography (2) tragedy (2) work (2) 15 (1) Barbra (1) Blog (1) Daddies (1) Desire (1) Dogs (1) Genius (1) Hands (1) Homophobia (1) Lazy (1) Love (1) Miles (1) Moving (1) Naps (1) Oregon Bears (1) Single Life (1) Story ideas (1) Tales of the City (1) True Blood (1) auditions (1) bloggers (1) books (1) death (1) fabulousness (1)

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Gentleman Caller

Had a nice weekend.  My fuckbuddy friend from Seattle came down to visit, and we partied and played Friday night, and then slept in on Saturday before getting up (after another bout) and hitting breakfast and then yard sales.  It was most pleasant to sleep with someone in my bed, it had been awhile.

Sunday was mostly just relaxing with books and dvds and my dog. I had to douse him with Advantage, so now he feels better.  Damn fleas.

I'm reading a collection of essays by Tennessee Williams.  He's not only a great playwright, but a terrific essayist.  He might be my favorite playwright, someone I'd love to emulate.

The new Broadway revival of South Pathetic Pacific opens tomorrow night.  I was in a production of that show long ago...6 shows a week for 10 weeks.  Yet I am looking forward to seeing this Lincoln Center touring production.

Hope you had a good weekend too, and continue to have a wonderful week!

Thus endeth the scintillating blog post.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever read or seen the play "Orpheus Descending"? It is one of my favorites. I wish it was done more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tennessee Williams was a marvel. As well as knowing quite a number of his wonderful plays I've read his short stories (at least twice), some of which are really top-notch. Must admit I haven't read any of his essays but must fill in that gap.
    South Pacific is surely, along with West Side Story, the ultimate musical for repressed sexuality. One can almost get drunk on all that testosterone, even though (even though?) we really know that a significant part of the male cast playing 'macho' will be gay. Of course it has melodies to die for (including one of my all-time very favourite songs - 'This Nearly was Mine', so moving it brings me close to tears every time). But enjoy!
    Btw (re Spo) I saw 'Orpheus Descending' in London about 20 years ago with Vanessa Redgrave and that then-hottie Jean-Marc Barr (who still looks good at 50).
    Have a fine week yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of Orpheus Descending, but never haven't seen or read it. I'll add it to my Williams reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been out of town and away for awhile but am back and happy to read of a gentleman caller. I know he had a good time.

    ReplyDelete