Labels

writing (4) Theater (3) health (3) Armistead Maupin (2) Friends (2) Hot Men (2) Job (2) Photos of Me (2) money (2) photography (2) tragedy (2) work (2) 15 (1) Barbra (1) Blog (1) Daddies (1) Desire (1) Dogs (1) Genius (1) Hands (1) Homophobia (1) Lazy (1) Love (1) Miles (1) Moving (1) Naps (1) Oregon Bears (1) Single Life (1) Story ideas (1) Tales of the City (1) True Blood (1) auditions (1) bloggers (1) books (1) death (1) fabulousness (1)

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Weekend

It was hot here!  In the 90's!

I went to a playwriting festival here in town, called JAW, which stands for Just Add Water.  Professionally staged readings of new work from new and established playwrights.  I also attended a workshop on dramaturgy and a play writing workshop by Will Eno
which I enjoyed.  Also was at the reading of Eno's new play GNIT, which is sort of a modern retelling of Ibsens' Peer Gynt.

We had a really sad death in the Oregon Bear community over the weekend, with the swift, unexpected and just wrong death of DJ Sam Storicks, a young, handsome, extremely witty man who was liked by just about everyone.  So sad...still don't know what happened to him, but I'm really sad that he died.

Tomorrow is my appointment with the oncologist.  I'm not very worried, though, I really don't think I have cancer or anything very bad.  I do have an enlarged spleen and liver - the results of 22 years of hiv meds, I guess. Wish me luck!

And have a great week, yo.  Uncle Mark loves ya.

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you return home today after your appointment, celebrating 'no bad news'. Have a fine week yourself, pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us up to date on your appointment today. Wishing you the best.
    HUGZ!

    ReplyDelete