Labels

writing (4) Theater (3) health (3) Armistead Maupin (2) Friends (2) Hot Men (2) Job (2) Photos of Me (2) money (2) photography (2) tragedy (2) work (2) 15 (1) Barbra (1) Blog (1) Daddies (1) Desire (1) Dogs (1) Genius (1) Hands (1) Homophobia (1) Lazy (1) Love (1) Miles (1) Moving (1) Naps (1) Oregon Bears (1) Single Life (1) Story ideas (1) Tales of the City (1) True Blood (1) auditions (1) bloggers (1) books (1) death (1) fabulousness (1)

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Not Much

Not too much going on, which is why I haven't blogged, I guess.  I have found that it's dangerous to talk about your life when there is nothing much happening, because I tend to talk about things that don't need to be on the web, but...

My new friend John is a playwright and we have been chatting about our respective works.  He is definitely a man of action, and, within weeks of moving to Portland is having a reading of one of his plays.  He's asked me to read the lead role, so I'm looking forward to that, and to joining the same playwriting group that he has hooked up with.  My play is in need of major re-writing, I have determined, and so I am trying to get it together to do that.


Just don't have a lot of interest in much, lately, since the loss of my truck.  Had some identity theft, so I can't get a loan to get a new vehicle until that is cleared up. Speaking with a lawyer to try and get some help with that.

Most nights I am home, watching TV. 

Also having big fear about a phone call I got from an oncologist's office....apparently my doctor wants me to go and see one.  So I guess I may have cancer or some blood disease.  Makes sense, as my energy level is extremely low these days.

BUT, anyhoo, The Lion King is still roaring through our ticket office, and I got my new CD of Phillip Glass's Orphee which was just released.  I recommend it highly! 

SO...a bit of a gloomy post, but...it's summer, and I am relatively content.  The weather is still weird and rainy, but it should be nice soon.   I just need to get OUT OF THE HOUSE, and I also need to get laid. 

4 comments:

  1. I was fortunate enough seethe Glimmerglass Opera production of Orphee with Lisa Saffer several years ago, a luminous production of a very fine opera. Anne Manson conducted it there, too. I may have to get the new recording.

    Mark, I'm sending very positive vibes out to you. We've just recently finished a 9 week radiation treatment on Fritz for prostate cancer, and I'm hoping that whatever it is, it isn't going to be bad for you. Warm thoughts and all my best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief - you have a health scare and 'there is nothing to talk about?"
    I wish you had told us sooner - I hope we can be of comfort at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get to the doctor babe, It is hopefully nothing but earlier is better with these things.
    Then get laid!
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete